Thursday, August 28, 2014

The benefits of Lavender Essential Oils

In June, I signed up to sell Simply Aroma (no this is not a sales pitch - but if you'd like to order just click on the link). I was curious to see if Essential Oils could help me combat the constant pain and achiness. It's usually bone deep and not even Chiropractic can do much more than lighten the pain for a day or two. (Chiropractic has helped me get rid of 80% of the headaches I used to get and I very rarely have migraines anymore.)

One of the oils that came in my Free Kit (which is still available till 9/15/14) was Lavender. I wasn't going to touch it. I don't like the smell of Lavender - the only thing I do like is the deep beautiful purple on the plants. Then I heard it would help the baby I watch sleep better. She was only sleeping 45 minutes if I was lucky, refused to sleep in the packnplay as her last sitter just let her sleep on the bed & at almost 6 months that definitely wasn't going to work. So, I decided to try the Lavender on myself first & got out the diffuser.

I loved the smell. It was light and refreshing and while I didn't notice a difference in my own sleep right away - I sure did with the baby. She went to 2 hour naps in the AM and 2 hour naps in the PM! I didn't really notice anything for myself in quite a while - until about a month ago.

For over 30 years I haven't reached the REM stage of sleep which is very common with Fibromyalgia patients. Lately I hurt at night and was tossing and turning. I just couldn't get comfortable. Plus I was hot! (I'm nearly always cold & no it's not due to Menopause or Perimenopause)

I started noticing I was more relaxed during the day. Then I started thinking about my sleep and realized that I haven't been tossing and turning as much. I'm still not dreaming and really don't think I'll ever get back to that point. About 2 weeks ago I realized I haven't been as stiff. Actually I'm not stiff at all in the morning when I go to stand up. My back pain has gone down at least 70% when I get out of bed and while I don't think it has anything to do with the Lavender or my sleep my hips haven't been going out as much and there is no stabbing pain.

Then I read the Fact Sheet that is available to customers:



I'm amazed! I've always noticed that natural - or alternative methods have helped me more than drugs and just going to bed. But this is amazing!

Have you ever used Essential Oils? How have they benefited you the most?

Linked up to: Friendship Friday, Sincerely Paula, BloggyMoms, Turn It Up Tuesday

Disclaimer: I was not paid to do a review for Simply Aroma or any of their consultants. This was posted to share my experience with Essential Oils. I am a consultant and do receive a tiny commission from anything someone may purchase - please contact your local Simply Aroma consultant or if you'd like to chat please feel free to contact me via my website or on FB. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Lavender does have a relaxing benefit because my childrens' baby products had lavender in them and they were so relaxed especially their bath soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender, it is indeed relaxing. essential oils are so useful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina