Baby's Very First Slide and See Animals
$14.99 (Board Book)
An engaging board book for very young children, with sliding panels to reveal secret images hiding below. Babies will love moving the sliders to make meerkats pop up from their underground burrows and a monkey swing through the trees. Perfect for developing essential motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Full of vivid colors, stylish illustrations and friendly animals.
This is Gianna's newest favorite book. She loves to stick her fingers into the little holes and move the panels up and down and back and forth. There is one page that has a little spider that is hiding in the trees and she loves to see it drop down. Then there is the page that has a giraffe that moves down to nibble a bush and on another page there are several ants to count. Every page also has a word that describes what is happening.... or suggests something to do when the slider is moved. The colors are vibrant and beautiful, the animals are cute and there is enough action to keep Gianna busy and engaged in the book.
The following are several Usborne books that I actually own and the kids love. Just click on the image and you can check them out & order if you'd like to.
Books I actually own & the kids LOVE:
1) Muddle & Match Jungle Animals - I actually have this book and both 2 year old Gianna and 5 year old Madison enjoy this one. Each page has 3 sections that flip and kids make up funny stories and create awesome animals. Madison has a hard time "making up stories" and likes to have all the sections match but Gianna and I both like to do our own thing.
2) Gobble Gobble - This is a FUN book that reads a little like Old MacDonald where everything is repeated over and over. The kids love making all the animal sounds and the images are awesome and fun to "read" and see.
3) 1001 Things to Spot in Fairyland & 1001 Things to Spot on the Farm - Madison especially likes this book altho Gianna who is 2 actually will sit down and look for some of the items too. Gianna especially loves the Farm book because she can recognize much of the items to find.
4) The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales - we love to listen to the CD in the car and the kids love that they can find the duck on almost all of the pages.
5) Cow takes a bow & other tales - we do not actually have this one but we do have the first book in the Phonics series which it looks like is no longer available. This is it's sequel. I imagine it is as good as the first book.
Disclaimer: I have not received anything for posting this review and am no longer a consultant with Usborne Books so am receiving nothing for posting this review. These are books that my kids have and do enjoy and are just a suggested for my readers.