This last week has been awful. Today is the first day this week I was actually up and doing something. I got some grocery shopping done, paid a couple of bills, talked to my neighbor a little, took out the trash & recyclables, cut out some reusable sandwich bags fabric for my booth this weekend (hopefully they turn out because I cut out a lot!).
I was just so tired and achy and now that I look back on it maybe I had the flu. I hope not because I was busy with friends last weekend and I'd hate for them to get sick. I've been trying to be more eco-friendly and also use more natural nutrition and medication when I can and I ended up doing a little research on Oscillococcinum® which helps to reduce the severity and duration of flu-like symptoms (headache, body ache, chills and fever). It's a form of homeopathic medicine using plants, minerals or animal substance that helps to trigger our bodies to heal itself.
One of the things I've learned to ask about homeopathic remedies or nutritional supplements is whether any research has been done and if it has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals which Oscillococcinum has been. According to their website the research has shown that 63% of patients who took Oscillo at the onset of flu-like symptoms showed "clear improvement" or "complete resolution" of their symptoms after 48 hours, vs 49% with a placebo. Click here
Points to consider:
- Oscillococcinum is safe for children and adults over 2 years of age.
- There are no known side effects including drowsiness.
- It doesn't interfere with existing conditions such as high blood pressure, doesn't interact with other medications, herbs or supplements.
- Clinical studies have shown that it helps to reduce the severity & duration of flu-like symptoms.
- It dissolves UNDER the tongue and doesn't require water to ingest it.
- It comes in handy little tubes which make it easy to keep in your purse or in the car when you're travelling.
- It has a 5 year shelf life (that's HUGE for me!)
“Because of their inherent safety, I recommend homeopathic medicines like Oscillococcinum as a first course of treatment. In general, homeopathic medicines don’t cause side effects and don’t interact with other drugs,” says Dr. Schiller. “Oscillo® works best when taken at the first sign of flu-like symptoms, so it’s important to pay close attention to symptoms and, whether on the road or at home, be prepared by having Oscillo on hand.”
You can get more information if you'd like at: www.boironusa.com.
I'm going to also check out their pain relief medications for my Fibromyalgia: www.arnicare.com.
You can buy your Oscillococcinum at your favorite store using these handy coupons.
One expires in January 2012 and one in December 2012. So you might as well print both.
Boiron has offered one of my readers a box of Oscillococcinum to keep handy for their next bout of the flu. This way you'll have it handy when you start feeling achy, tired, runny nose, chilled, etc...
Mandatory entry: Visit Oscillo.com and tell us something you learned.
Optional Extra Entries: (1 entry each)
- Tell us: do you get the vaccination or do you try more natural methods to fight the flu?
- Follow Oscillo on Facebook.
- Follow Oscillo on Twitter.
- Follow ME on Facebook.
- Follow ME on Twitter.
- Go to Boiron's Blog and sign up for the Holistic Mom's Health Webinar: 5 Top Homeopathic Remedies for Family Wellness seminar on March 29th, 1-2 pm EST
- Tweet up to 3 times daily, 4 hours apart: " RT @familyliteracy #WIN a package of Oscillococcinum from #Boiron at GivingNSharing, 4/5, US #FLU #health http://ning.it/dQDE9b
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.