Monday, September 28, 2015

Tot School Fall Sensory Activities


We are now heading into October (yay!) and Gianna is getting so big. She is loving Tot School and I have been trying to incorporate more sensory activities like Pumpkin Playdough, hunting for acorns & colorful leaves and this fun sensory box.

Materials I used:
  • Various plant picks with leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows, etc from the fabric store (Joanne's has a nice selection)
  • We used last months oatmeal but you could use corn, hay, acorns, birdseed, etc
  • leaf shaped serving trays from Dollar Tree
I began by purchasing 6 fall picks from the floral section at Joanne Fabrics. 
Having 2 girls meant having to get 2 of everything. Pumpkins (these could
also be used for graduating size activities), Scarecrows, Flowers (Mums in 
this case). There were lots of leaves on all of them.


I pulled off all the pumpkins, leaves & flowers. The Scarecrows stayed 
on the pick as I didn't have any wire cutters. I just watched Gianna to
make sure she wasn't poking someone's eyes out or trying to chew on them.


I found these neat leaf shaped trays at Dollar Tree for $1 and they are the 
PERFECT size for a high chair tray. They don't hold much I don't quite trust 
her on the floor not to be carrying it all over the place but still for a 
toddler they are a nice size.


Throw in a little bowl and a spoon or two and she is happy 
for a good 1/2 hour to hour at a time (sometimes longer)!

MrsAOK, A Work In ProgressInspire Me Monday  photo meanderingmondaybadge1014200x200_zps679d2e71.png My Pinterventures   Thursday Favorite Things Button God’s Growing Garden “Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina