Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Grill-tastic Contest & some great recipes!

Summer Grill Recipes

Real Life Blog is hosting a FUN contest and you are welcome to join in. Here's what she says: I would love to gather all the best recipes from my awesome blogger friends in one place, and spread the link love at the same time!
  • You gather the grill recipes you’ve already written on your blog, or write some new ones. (Grilling is timeless, it doesn’t matter how old the post is!)
  • You link your recipe posts right here on the Summer Grill-tastic linky.
  • Link back here in your post, so others can come share their recipes.
We have some great prizes so far, and we may be adding more throughout the week!  You can link as many recipes as you want, and you get an entry for each one.
BBQ GRILLING Pictures, Images and Photos
I'm sorta a creature of comfort when it comes to my seasoning recipes. I love my Montreal Seasoning by McCormick I think the most. The marinade is wonderful for steak or pork chops and so easy to make.

The Montreal Steak Seasoning and the Montreal Chicken Seasoning in the GrillMates line of seasonings are awesome. I actually found out about them when I stopped and talked with the butcher at HyVee years ago and he told me that they used the Steak Seasoning on their steak kabobs. I've been hooked ever sense. Both of these seasonings are full of flavor, have a lot of bite (it might be a little too much for kids) and are available in regular or a 25% less sodium option. The regular version is pretty salty so you might want to consider the 25% less one.

I use the Montreal Steak Savory Marinade on the bottle for my steaks, kabobs, pork chops, etc. I've had a lot of compliments on this:
Mix 1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp seasoning (I usually use 1 tsp)

Add 1 lb steak, marinate for 30 minutes and grill.



I also love this recipe that I got off their website. (I LOVE grilled veggies) You can also use the seasoning on mushrooms if you are grilling big ones or even roasting your veggies in the winter.


Easy Grilled Vegetables 
Makes 6 1/2 cup servings

5 cups assorted cut up vegetables, such as zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, eggplant, mushrooms or onion
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

1. Toss vegetables with oil and Seasoning in large bowl.
2. Place vegetables in grill basket, grill rack or thread onto skewers.
3. Grill over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.

Why not go to McCormick's website and find something to grill this week? Tell us what your 
hungry for!


Disclaimer: I entered the Grilling contest on RealLifeBlog. The opinions in this post are my own and I wasn't paid or given anything to post or enter the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina