Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ma Mi Skincare & Sunscreen


I have very sensitive skin (I'm a red head) and have trouble being in the sun for any length of time. I can remember being at camp my 7th grade year and when my folks came to get me 2 days later I was covered in blisters (got 'em the first day). Mom was not happy! Turns out I was "allergic" to the sun and a friend shared the secret of PABA with mom. I have no idea if that is really what helped me avoid those blisters later or if I was really "allergic" to the sun but it did help for several years.

Ma Mi Sunscreen:
Sunny DaysA couple of months ago I did a review & giveaway for Ma Mi Skincare and I'm thrilled that they have just released a NEW Sunscreen. 

Sunny Days is a physical sun block that serves as a safe alternative to chemical sun block products that use Benzophenone (or it's dirivatives Benzophenone-3 or Oxybenzone) that can post health risks for pregnant or breastfeeding moms and children as well. 

The benefits to using Ma Mi's highly effective, natural skin care line are great. Because Ma Mi's focus is on YOUR Health there are NO Toxins, Parabens, Filters, Petrolatums, or Sodium Laureth in their line of skin care products. You will find pure, highly concentrated active ingredients that produce quick, visible results. 

The benefits to using Ma Mi's NEW Sunscreen: Sunny Days include a sunscreen that is:
  • Anti-UV-A, UV-B and infrared.
  • Anti-MMP (sun-induced collagen damage).
  • Paraben-Free, Fragrance-free, PABA-free, Non-comedogenic.
  • Potent antioxidant, anti-pollution and strong anti-inflammatory.
  • For all skin types, including sensitive or Rosacea-prone skin.
My experience with Sunny Days:
When I received my PURSE size bottle of Sunny Days I was praying it wouldn't be greasy or runny - It wasn't! The texture of the sunscreen is a bit thick but easily spread over my arms and neck for a complete coverage. I didn't feel like I needed to keep adding it because it wasn't spreading far enough. I wore it outside for the first time at the race track last night and I was so relieved that I didn't end up getting burned because I'd forgotten my hat. My skin did feel a little tight and my neck was a little red too but it wasn't burned. And when I showered it didn't hurt to use the little mesh thingy that you use with shower gel. Usually it hurts so much to shower for about 3 days.  I didn't have any issues with that at all.
Sunny Days comes in two sizes. A .1 oz purse sized bottle for $6 for purses or your beach bag. It's also a great size for traveling or you can throw it in with your kid's backpacks in the summer for using at the daycare or sports camps. Or you can get a larger (.4oz) bottle for $16.00 which is perfect for covering your legs, kids, backs, etc - anyone need a back rub from their "honey"?
Ma Mi is generously offering one of my readers a purse sized bottle of their very own. It's a great way to try the sunscreen before you invest in the large bottle - you'll definitely want to order after you've tried it.
Mandatory entry: These 2 steps must be done before any of the others - this counts as 1 (One) entry. Thanks!

A - Go to MaMi Skincare and tell us about something you learned or a product you'd like to try.  Return here and leave a comment with your email and name.
B - Follow GivingNSharing on GFC (left column) - If you are already following just let me know.
Optional entries:

Please note:  You do not have to do these, they are optional.  Please be sure to leave a comment/email address with each entry that you do.  Thanks so much!

1.  "Like" MaMi Skincare on Facebook!
2.  "Leave a comment" on their Facebook page telling them who sent you.
3.  Follow ME on Twitter
4.  Follow ME on Facebook
5.  Follow MaMi on Twitter
5.  Tweet: " Sunny Days: MaMi's NEW Sunscreen - it's natural, effective, safe, toxin & paraben-free!  Giveaway @ http://ning.it/ltYA78, 5/20, US, #WIN "

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina