Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sons of Jude ~ Book Tour



Sons of jude Sons of Jude 
by Brandt Dodson
ISBN: 978-0857212054
$11.24 (paperback)
No Kindle as yet.

Released Sept 1!

About the book:
The body of a young woman is found in a dumpster in Chicago and  detectives Andy Polanski and Frank Campello are charged with finding the  killer. The two are polar opposites. Polanski is the son of a disgraced  Chicago police officer and is fastidious about his reputation. He has  also recently been transferred from another district having blown the  whistle on some corrupt cops. Campello, however, takes a  live-and-let-live approach to his life and job.

It soon becomes clear, as another young woman--a potential  witness--is murdered, that a sex-trafficking operation in Chicago is  preying on illegal aliens. As the ill-matched pair dig deeper, an  influential alderman and his son are implicated. Then Polanski is framed  for a narcotics offense, a payback for bringing cases against the corrupt  officers and the alderman? Only when Campello is challenged by a local  minister, whom he meets when visiting Polanski, does he find the  motivation to seek justice.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book and found it to be a very interesting read. Sons of Jude is about an officer who's partner has been killed in action and opens with Frank returning to work after time off recovering from it - only to find out he has been teamed up with a "traitor" to the force.

You have a lot of suspense, action, surprises all the way through the book and the climax to the story was a surprise for me (as well as Frank himself). The book is labeled as "Christian" suspense but other than mentioning that Polanski is a believer not much else is mentioned and there are no scripturally based sections in the book - personally I would say it's been labeled that way. That being said there are no bedroom scenes and the nearest to swearing is "_____ swore under his breath" or "he cussed" and that isn't our lead characters in the book but the criminal element doing any of that. There is some drinking in the book but it's mostly Frank having a beer.

I'm really looking forward to reading book two. I'd love to know more about Frank and Christi (a reporter) and I'd like to see what else happens within the Police Department - did they adequately clean it up? It would also be great to see Frank & Christi grow spiritually and who knows maybe they will connect from there.... 

I'm not going to say anymore - this was a wonderful book! You can order your copy on Amazon for $11.24. I don't see a copy available on Kindle as yet - I'd imagine eventually it will be. This will be a series of books - all police based and if you know someone (guys or gals) who loves a great political, gritty type of thriller it would make a GREAT book for Christmas, Secret Santa, Birthday - or Just Because!

Read an excerpt

Please Retweet: (Thanks!)
A Note from the Author:

Brandt dodsonThe Sons of Jude was written as the first in a series featuring a fictional Chicago police district and a rotating a cast of characters. Major characters in one novel may return in minor supporting roles in other novels, if at all. Characters will marry, die, or get transferred to and from the district. In that sense, this series will be similar to the late Ed McBain's 87th precinct novels, set in the fictional Isola, New York. But it will also be very different in that The Sons of Jude is set in a real police department in a real city. I've lived in the Chicago area and know it well.

I am the author of several previous novels and short stories, and I come from a long line of police officers on both sides of my family,going back as far as the 1930's. I was employed by the Indianapolis office of the FBI and I draw on that experience as well as my family background to lend authenticity to my work.

If you have any questions about the book or the proposed series, or if I can do anything to contribute to the tour or help you in any way, please do not hesitate to reach me at:
bldodson@roadrunner.com  or through my website at: www.brandtdodson.com 

Follow Brandt on Facebook, Twitter and on his Website to keep up with new book releases, appearances and more. Sign Up for Brandt's Newsletter HERE (right column scroll down)


Disclaimer: I was given a copy of Sons of Jude to read & review on GivingNSharing. I was not required to have a positive review and no money exchanged hands. Copy was provided by Kregel Publications / Kregel.com


Mom’s Monday Mingle CymLowell

1 comment:

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina