Sunday, September 16, 2012

Plantar Fascitis? Try Footminders...




Do you have plantar fasciitis? I've had it for a number of years and I it hasn't been bothering me until about a month ago when the achiness and pain started up again. I came across Footminders which is a company who creates a reasonably priced orthotic insoles that were developed by podiatrists to provide longitudinal and metatarsal support. Their orthotics were specifically designed for people with knee pain, lower back pain, heel pain and other foot problems.  
 
I chose the "comfort" style which is for use in tennis shoes and work boots (these will be great for winter boots). You can also choose the "casual" style for slip on shoes and "catwalk" which are for dress heels. I had to cut quite a bit off the toe end using the guide on the underside of the orthotic which seems to be made up of a kind of foam rubber and the heel part is hard and supports the arch of the foot.and also provides some "give" & a shock absorption when you walk. I also liked that the shape of the orthotic conforms to the shape of your foot after a while - giving you a "personalized" fit. 

I have been wearing mine for about 3 weeks now I think and was in a lot of pain at first. I noticed an almost immediate change in the pain level. It's not completely gone as yet but every day has been better and combining these with chiropractics has been very helpful. Best of all, I also noticed that I tend to walk more upright and have much less pain in my hips, heels and lower back.

You can purchase a set of the orthotics online HERE - prices start at $21.95 for catwalk insoles, $24.95 for casual insoles, $27.95 for the full length comfort insoles. This is a great price considering most insoles are anywhere from $50 to well over $150.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina