Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Caroling Party ~ Recipe Exchange


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

GivingNSharing is participating in the 2nd annual Caroling Party Blog Hop and I decided at the last minute to include this blog in the hop. I have several favorite cookie recipes but my all time favorite for Christmas baking is Grandma's Salted Nut Rolls.  YUM!

Usually I only make 1 pan of these - I could easily eat the whole pan. They are so good. I've seen the recipe where the crust is made using a cake mix and it's very good - but this version is still my favorite. 

Salted Nut Rolls
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
Combine and press in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Turn off the oven. Immediately sprinkle 3 cups miniature marshmallows over the crust. Return to the oven for 1 minute (do not let these warm longer - the crust will get extremely hard and the marshmallows chewy).

Topping:
2/3 cup white corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 package peanut butter chips

Heat until melted and then stir in: 
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups salted peanuts
(Note: I like to combine the Rice Krispies and peanuts before melting the topping). Pour over crust and let set over night if possible. It's important that these cool and set completely.

These can be baked in advance and frozen if you want to bake them ahead and then cut into 1" pieces. They are a hit for cookie exchanges too. =D Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina