Thursday, July 21, 2011

Women of Faith



I just found out this week that I won two tickets to the Women of Faith conference which will be in Omaha August 12-13th. I'm so excited! I usually only go every 2-3 years because it takes a lot of me. It's a good exhaustion but still it takes me a couple of weeks to recover. This year I have my TENS unit which hopefully will help me avoid being in a ton of pain all weekend - the hard chairs and floor really are hard on me. (Keeping my fingers crossed - please pray for me)




In the past I've always enjoyed listening to Luci Swindoll and Sheila Walsh and the music is wonderful too. I'm trying to remember who the music was by last time I went - I know Natalie Grant was one and Nicole Johnson was there another time (she is a great comedian/motivational speaker). And I think Mercy Me was another group (they're awesome!).


This year Mandisa is going to be there. I just started listening to her this last year. Beautiful voice! Lisa Whelchel and Sandi Patti are going to be there as well as Marilyn Meberg and Patsy Clairmont and a few others I haven't heard of. Oh, Amy Grant will be there too - she's great.


If you'd like more information on the Women of Faith conference and where it will be at near you click here. The tickets are about $100 and if you can't afford that see if one of the churches in the area is putting together a group. It's always nice to go as a group, you have someone to talk to and visit with and hang out with.  Also, you might see if you can volunteer. I know in the past when things were really tight I was able to go FREE because I volunteered to put together sets of items for the sales tables and also hang bags on the chairs.


Stay tuned for more details and news about this years theme and conference. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina