Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Orange Julius Hack with Tropicana Orange Juice Essentials with Vit C + Zinc


Tropicana Vitamin C + Zinc

Lately I've been craving Orange Julius's. Don't read anything into that - I think it's my craving for Vitamin C which I always get around this time of year so I always tend to drink more juice in the Fall and Winter than I do at any other time. I love it with Popcorn, Oatmeal or as a smoothie - and I found out Gianna loves smoothies as much as I do.

I've always found Orange Julius's from the DQ to be to sweet so I started playing with creating my own recipe. It's still sweet but not as much and Gianna & I have been enjoying having a glass or a half about once a week. 

Tropicana Orange Juice Essentials with Vitamin C + Zinc has 3 TIMES the amount of Vitamin C as regular Orange Juice which fills my craving for Vitamin C and they also include a healthy dose of Zinc in each bottle to help support a healthy immune system. A bonus for me is there are no added sugars, water or preservatives - this is 100% Orange Julius.

Orange Julius Hack:
Most of the DQ Orange Julius Recipes have quite a bit of sugar in it and I find that Orange Juice is sweet enough for me. The recipes I've found all have 1/3 - 1/2 cup of white sugar in it as well as orange juice concentrate. I really cannot handle having that much sugar in my morning drinks and I definitely do not want my kids to have that much that early in the day. You'll find the only sugar in my Orange Julius is from the frozen bananas or fruit and the Orange Juice itself so it is all naturally occurring. 

You will need:
1/2 cup Almond Milk (or preferred milk)
1/2 cup of Tropicana Orange Juice Essentials with Vit C + Zinc
1/4 cup frozen banana slices (really I just spoon some in)
Optional: I've also used frozen strawberries, peaches, blueberries or a combination.
Optional: I've also added 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/4 cup almond milk which creates a smoother creamy smoothie. If you use Greek Yogurt it also has a much higher protein count plus that sour tang.

Blend until no chunks remain or to desired thickness. You'll notice I didn't add any ice cubes as I don't like my smoothies that thick or that cold. This makes enough for Gianna and I to share since she doesn't drink much and it's more than enough for me.

Linked up @ 
Creativity Unleashed
That Friday BH

Disclaimer: I am participating in a Blog Buzz for Tropicana Orange Juice and received a bottle of Tropicana Essentials Orange Juice with added Vitamin C + Zinc for us to enjoy. Regardless I only share things that I have actually enjoyed and would tell my own family and friends about. Thanks for reading GivingNSharing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina