Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Smart Weigh 500 x 0.01g Digital Pro Pocket Scale

I got a new toy this week - the Smart Weigh 500 x 0.01g Digital Pro Pocket Scale! I had been considering what I was going to ask for for Christmas from family - and then this handy little tool popped up in my mailbox! To be honest I had forgotten I requested it - so what a pleasant little surprise!

I have been coming across recipes for lotions and lip balms that require you to measure out ingredients using a scale (which I did not have) and I had been relying on recipes that require Tablespoons and Cups which I liked but I also wanted to try out these recipes.

The Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale was very easy to use. Basically all I had to do was turn it on and begin using it. I found out that I could weigh ingredients that required a measuring glass (I have a cute little 2 oz plastic measuring glass) and I could TARE the scale so it would remove the weight of the glass and I could accurately measure the ingredients before adding them to my scale.

A few other features:


  • The top500 is strong, accurate, fast & user-friendly; will work great for any of your mailing, jewelry, reloading & cooking needs.
  • Functions - postal scale, the pcs function gives you an accurate count and the hold function will lock weight readings.
  • Design - features a clear LCD screen lit by a bright blue backlight, will display readings in g, OZ, OZT, dwt, GN and CT
  • Precision - manufactured with high precision sensors to provide the most accurate weight readings, weighs up to 500 grams in 0.01 increments.
  • Includes 2 AAA batteries with a 2 minute auto shut off feature, the Tare Function swill provide a net weight.
I am not strong in Math and to be honest normally would of avoided a recipe that required me to use math skills - but I found this little pocket scale perfect for my first foray into actually measuring the amounts I needed. It was very helpful and easy to use. 

I did have to search online to find out how much .2 oz was since the scale reads in grams and I didn't know how to convert to oz from grams. For anyone that is interested, 0.2 oz equals 5.669 grams =)

Another thing I really liked is that it is small enough to slip in my purse. It comes with a plastic case that protects it from stuff and I can take it to my Simply Aroma home shows & events with all my carrier oils, ingredients to make lotions, cleaners, etc.







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina