Sunday, November 2, 2014

Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies Review



Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies Review 
by Her Interactive Series: Computer Games & Puzzles 

About the game: 
Thread Your Way Through a Maze of Deceit in this Epic Greek Drama! 

A museum curator hires you to assist with the most anticipated event of the year, but artifacts from the exhibit are mysteriously disappearing. Are these mishaps connected to the amphitheater’s upcoming performance? Or is an unseen villain pulling strings behind the scenes? Uncover the truth and recover the missing artifacts from the Labyrinth of Lies! 

Game Features: 
  • Organize Greek Displays and Exhibits! Fill in for the museum curator and assemble exhibits before the grand opening 
  • Use Stagecraft Expertise to Survive Backstage! Sneak behind the curtains to explore the treacherous underworld stage sets Experience the World of Ancient Greece! 
  • Solve challenging puzzles based on actual Greek myths and artwork The Hardy Boys are On the Line! 
  • Use your in-game mobile phone to hear potentially lifesaving tips from Frank and Joe Select Difficulty Levels! 
  • Play at Amateur or Master Sleuth level and erase any mistakes without starting over


My thoughts:
This game is beautifully animated and it looks like it could be fun - but I have no idea how to play it. There don't seem to be any instructions and no tutorial really on the game and no "cheats" to help me get the game started.

I grew up loving to read the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys & Trixie Belden books and thought I'd love to give this game a try. The player is Nancy Drew (how many nights did I dream of being Nancy Drew?) and as you view the game you actually walk in her steps - there are arrows that indicate which way you can turn (right or left, up or down stairs and so on) and as you walk you find clues and games to solve. There are long conversations with characters that she meets and they are giving instructions or clues but I really didn't know what to do.

If someone can get me started I'd love to give it a try and I'll happily re-review it. 

*** Winner Drawn - waiting to hear back from them ***

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! Leave your family friendly comments below and if you are a new follower please leave your blog address (if you have one) so I can follow back! Thanks so much! Tina